View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 08:18pm
Official Forum Member

trick questions?

Having problems dealing with three of the questions on the test above because the wording just doesn't seem to jive (at least in my warped mind).

11. There are three marked lane spaces on each lane boundary line, each measuring 36 inches by 36 inches.

Well, the actual markings aren't 36x36. But both the rule book and casebook make references to this 36x36 area. So is this true or false?

14. During free-throw attempts resulting from a technical foul, substitutions may be made only after the final attempt has been converted.

Can't find the answer to this anywhere. Logic told me it was true. But I'm bothered by the word "converted." So if the second FT isn't good, there can't be substitutions even after it clanks off the rim and before play resume? Really?

69. The basketball shall be spherical and have a deeply pebbled cover with any number of horizontally shaped panels.

Any number? Really? It could have 1,000 panels? Just about all of this is lifted right out of the rule book except for "any number," which makes me want to say false.

I'd be interested in hearing what folks have to say about these. Some of the previous discussions were very helpful. Thanks. Mike