View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 07, 2009, 12:10am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheStripe View Post
It's not that I don't believe Illini_Ref. I just think the private 'ruling' afforded him is inconsistent with the written rules and that the written rules are not currently superseded by any of the current public 'rulings' posted by the IHSA. It simply wouldn't occur to me to contact either Ganaway or Laude on something spelled out so clearly in the rules. I simply don't see anything gray or unclear.

9-4-3 (k)

Grab the inside back or side collar of the shoulder pads or jersey of the runner and subsequently pull the runner to the ground.

2-32-13

A runner is a player who is in possession of a live ball or is simulating possession of a live ball.

Where's the gray? What's not clear?
If the rule was so clear, why did the NF feel compelled to give an interpretation on the rule? You must did not read the previous post.

Here is the bottom line. You do not work for the National Federation. You are licensed by the IHSA. If the IHSA tells you what to do, you do it or do not work games under their umbrella anymore. And when the head clinician/rules interpreter and the sport's administrator give you a ruling that must be what they want to do. Now if you have a problem with this that is your issue you will have to deal with. I have had similar situations happen outside of football in my other sports and we do what they tell us or we "$h!t or get off the pot." I know what I am going to call; you can call what you like. It really does not matter to me.

Peace