View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 06, 2009, 06:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLJ View Post
How tight are you guys on this, and at what level do you maybe stop giving breaks??

I was working a freshman game this weekend, and on a two point conversion I had QB, two RBs, slot receiver, and the guy closest to me was off the line (there might have been a sixth man off the line). Conversion was no good, and I warned the coach that the formation was illegal.
There is something called a slot receiver? Wow, I thought we were not supposed to use this term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Flag it the first time. And the second.

Don't move the receiver. Tell him he's on or punch him back and tell him he's off. If he doesn't move up and there's only 6 on the line, throw a flag simultaneous with the snap.
I disagree on this level. Freshman often do not know where they are going to go, so I feel we should and can not be nit picky on where they stand. If they are clearly not lined up correctly, then that is another issue. But I will move a "wide receiver" if they are clearly off sides or they know they are supposed to be on the line but they clearly are not. Varsity ball is different, but lower level ball I have no problem with some concessions early in a game.

Peace