View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 06, 2009, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

you set yourself up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
Freshman B game, same thing. 5 in the backfield. I flagged it the first time, the coaches were all over me, asking why I didn't say anything to them. I said it was the first time, and I'm not going to coddle your players, since they should already know how to line up. Assistant coach started to go off, and my backup flag went flying. What an ugly game.
you set yourself up for an ugly game....first by not preventively officiating and second by telling the coach they should already know where to line up. Even in the NCAA the philosophies are to "make em where they are supposed to be". Linemen are to be warned first to move up, unless their head is clearly behind the snapper, wideouts are to be given leeway to make them where they are supposed to be...don't be too technical...only flag after a warning unless it is material to the play...and very very obvious...as my whitehat says, lets not pick boogers here...