View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 06, 2009, 09:20am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
If you're looking to blame someone, the appropriate place to lay the blame might be on the shoulders of a teenage QB who thought he was being smarter than everyone else (great surprise). Be honest rockyroad, you were pissed off because the QB did something you didn't consider fair, and got away with it. Depending on which deffinition of fair being used, you may be right, but very often "right" just isn't all it's cracked up to be..

More than likely the Referee was startled by what was done, and if he thought about what he could do about it, he ultimately concluded nothing (legal). .
First of all, I am not looking to "blame" anyone - it was a weird situation and I came here looking for opinions on that situation. Secondly - I am not now, nor was I at the time, "pissed" at anyone. Disappointed that my kids didn't lay a smack on the QB of course, but not pissed off at anyone. That QB played a heck of a game and was one of the major reasons they won - so I shook his hand and told him he played a great game.

I'm really not sure why people assume every single game situation/question is meant as a criticism of the officials. I happen to know the WH on our game - I have reffed basketball games with him for years. We talked after the game and he admitted that it was a situation he had never been in before, it took him by surprise, and he really didn't know what he could have or should have done...so I came here to ask.