View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 04, 2009, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
You ruined it. The change will never work. A is probably hoping to kick a long field goal. If they foul and are penalized 10 or 15 yards it is likely that their kicker will not have a chance at making it. You can't force them to kick in that situation.

There are many fouls which could happen. Blocks below the waist, illegal substitution or participation, roughing the kicker/holder, free kick out of bounds...
NO way.. every Utube video I've ever seen, the players are not even running down field, no one is blocking.. there all just standing around in amazement at what is happening. Illegal sub/participation.. again highly unlikely. The officials and teams take forever to line up, the officials will not even let the play go off without the requisite number of players out on the field. Excessive time wasted just getting everyone into position.

Free kick OOB.. Team-R's coach would never let team-K re-kick.. Why would they... Team-R now gets to keep the ball at one of two places.
I've anticipated every option I can think off before I said what I said in the post and nothing lights the bulb that says team-R would commit a foul on this play.. It would have to be one very stupid foul by Team-K on a successful kick that would result in an accepted foul and a re-kick. I can hear the sideline coaches now.. (NO Fouls!, don't hit anyone! etc(

It wouldn't bother me a bit if this free kick after a fair catch option was removed from the books. IMHO it should be removed.