View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 30, 2009, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRef12 View Post
I think you're looking at the picture that was posted incorrectly. The picture from earlier in the post shows three pylons, the one all the way on the left is in line with the inbounds marks, the center pylon is at the back corner, and the goal line pylon is all the way on the right.

That picture, plus the REPORT that it was caught 5 yards deep seems is proof enough for me that the crew booted the call. The BJ should have been able to see an R player catching the ball in the EZ.

Since it is clear the receiver did not have 15' arms it should have been easy to rule this as being in the EZ.
NorCal...Don't be so quick to throw these guys under the bus. You should know that reporters frequently "get it wrong".

Take another look at the video and take notice of the shadows on the field. In particular, notice where the officials signal the TD (assuming they're on the GL) and where the receiver fields the ball. I believe he is very close to the GL and probably at the 1-2 yd line. I also agree with others that he throws a backwards pass, not an IFP.

This would have been an extremely difficult play to officiate and virtually impossible to have everyone in a perfect vantage point to rule on everything. That said, I think they got it right. The reporter definetely didn't.