View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 10, 2002, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

at most middle school games you get students on the table. at this game there was a student who was being instructed by a supervisor/teacher because it was her first time. the supervisor told my partner and myself the he would keep an eye on her and the game and keep things at the table under control. game starts and the first half goes great. half way thru the 3rd, im in the lead, make a call under the basket on a shot, blow the whistle with the call, jog over to the reporting area, look at the table and say " WHITE, 22, 2, 2, WHITE, PUSH, 2SHOTS, and as i come to focus with the table, the young girl on the home team book was on her cell phone looking in the other direction, not even watching the game. i signal my partner to hold the game and walk over to the table, and in a low voice to grab her attention i say to her,"who are you talking to." she replies " MY GIRL FRIEND." i say "i thought you were talking to sports channel on the game." she give me a look like why are you interrupting my call. now i have the attention of the coaches and crowd behind the table and we all had a great laugh over the situation at hand. now the question to all the board interpretures, DO I INTERRUPT THE PHONE CALL TO REPORT THE FOUL OR DO I WAIT FOR HER TO FINISH HER CALL. I TRIED TO FIND THE SITUATION IN THE CASE BOOK AND IT WAS NOT THERE. HA HA HA .TRUE STORY.