View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 23, 2009, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
LENGTH OF EXTRA PERIOD INCORRECT
5.7.3 SITUATION: Following a violation in the first extra period, the timer beckons the referee to the table. The timer informs the referee that by mistake the period started with: (a) more; or (b) less than four minutes on the clock. RULING: In (a), if the mistake is discovered before the clock reaches four minutes, the clock shall be set at four minutes and play resumes. If discovered after reaching four minutes, no correction is allowed. In (b), the appropriate amount of time shall be added to reflect a four-minute period. (2-5-5)
I find it very interesting that even with definite knowledge we are unable to correct this. I could understand if the correction would result in the end of the game however, if for some reason the clock is reset stay to 8 minutes, and it is discovered at the 6:55 mark (just some arbitrary time) that we would be required to set the clock to 4:00 rather than take of the 1:05 that elapsed.

I guess its one of these, lets just not let it happen. Lets both (or all three of us) make sure the clock is set correctly before the OT tip.
Yes Mark, I know that you are having a cow. How could vets let this game go into overtime.

Last edited by SAK; Wed Sep 23, 2009 at 12:01pm.