View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Lori Bish new Seattle UIC

Lori Bish was chosen yesterday (Sunday 9/21) as the new UIC for Seattle Tacoma UIC and SMSUA. She celebrated by coming out and working with us at our fastpitch tournament. She, Lou McCaffery and Graig Bolton all went through the entire process including completing a questionnaire and going through an interview with our ASA Commissioner, Joe Wilson; Mike Rabin, who we hope will succeed Joe after Joe retires next year; and SMSUA president Don Hough.
Some of you know Lori and the amazing resume she brings to the table:
Several WCWS
World Cup and other international venues
2008 Olympics
And much, much more.
Lori has also polished her clinician and teaching skills and is becoming very, very good at it. (Hard to do for some!!!)
During my short time in the Seattle area we've had some pretty good UICs, including Wild Bill, Malcolm Boyles, Tim Douglas and Tom Henderson. That's a pretty good crew. I've been lucky enough to have been involved in training since 2004 and I think we have turned out some pretty good umpires during that time with a program that is frankly second to none. (Personal note: Here's hoping Lori lets me stay on in some capacity and teaches me even more so I can help teach others -- but it is definitely a team effort!)