View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 19, 2009, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

You don't understand what public knowledge means. It is defined as "knowledge that is available to anyone".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I was speaking directly to his naive belief that people would make public quotations of what they know about their teammates' or colleagues' private lives.
A teammate knowing something about Rose and not telling the pubic does not make it public knowledge.

Quote:
Or that journalists would publish anywhere near everything they know about someone--especially someone they like. That's naive. That's all I was referring to.
A journalist who interviews Rose and then never prints what he said does not make what he said public knowledge.

Quote:
However, many of those same people may make private statements to many people. That's how it is or was.
A private statement to someone does not make it public knowledge. See the definition above.

Quote:
But this 153 guy went on about how if it wasn't heard by his ears or read by his eyes that it wasn't public knowledge. How did I know, if it wasn't public knowledge? I was hanging out in and around ballplayers in Los Angeles for crying out loud. It doesn't get much more public than that. I didn't see anyone else behave the way Rose did.
Once again that is a private statement. What the ballplayer said to you was not available for anyone to hear.