View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 02:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladair View Post
How are you guys doing? I am new to the board, and I decided to sign up because I am starting this class next week, and I wanted to know what I need to do before this class to prepare myself better.

I played basketball in college, and was even lucky enough to play overseas for a couple years. Now, I decided that I wanted to give up playing it, and start officiating it. I am young and have little experience at officiating.

All advice is welcome. Thank you for your time
It depends on the class. I am teaching a class too a week from Monday and in my class you bring yourself and an open mind. You do not need much than that in my class. But in someone else's class you might need more. I would ask the instructor or the people that run the class what you might need to do if anything. But I would assume like most classes, your attendance is the first thing and then listen to what is being taught. I will say this; many of us here did not get the opportunity to go through a class. Often times we signed up to officiate and we ended up on the court soon after with little or no training. Just take advantage of the information and apply it when you officiate. Just understand you will make mistakes and you will look and feel stupid the first few times out. We all were there. But after a year or two you will see improvement and feel better about what you are doing if you stick with it and work hard at it.

Peace