Thread: Starting Back
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 13, 2009, 11:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule View Post
Glad to hear you're back on the field, Steve.

How was your strike zone in your first game back: liberal or conservative?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56 View Post
Knowing Steve as well as I do, I'm sure it's safe to say that his strike zone was the only liberal part of him on the field today!

Glad you're back at it, buddy!

Tim.
Tim knows that I'm a big-time liberal with my strike zone. Unfotunately many of the pitches in the strike zone went flying toward the outfield fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump153 View Post
You're ready for the big time. The average MLB umpire misses, at the last report I saw, 5 or 6 pitches.
I missed about 3 pitches from my established strike zone. I usually miss no more than 3 to 4 pitches a game in HS varsity, which I did on a full-time basis from 1987 to 2006. If that means I ready for the big time, I would say I'm way overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin View Post
Two three hour games? I'd be on the bases holding up this sign...

Yes, I needed such a sign. Today as well. Bases first game, 3:04. Plate the second game, 3:12. First game was Rookie League and went the full 9 with errors 'o plenty. Game two, a 38+ AA league, was a better played game that ran out of pitching for the team that lost 18-6 in 8 with the 12-run rule.

The length of these games average anywhere from 2:40 to the 3:15 time limit to start a new inning. They much more closely resemble a typical American League slugfest than a National League pitcher's dual. I can't wait to get a really good game.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25