Thread: Starting Back
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 13, 2009, 01:01am

Okay, I'm back.

Whoever had the 5th inning of the first game for my first ejection in the pool is a winner!

I had the plate and the pitcher threw a fastball on the inside corner, which I called strike two. The batter said, "No way, that was inside!" and proceded to draw a nice, pretty, straight line in the dirt with his bat at least a foot inside. Bye now, thanks for playing.

It wasn't until the 2nd inning that I took a shot between the collar bone and shoulder. Felt it, but it didn't hurt. Love my new All-Star CPU30! The catcher called for an outside fastball, but got an inside one instead, and didn't draw leather on it.

Oh, and the player that got run for drawing the line...that catcher. Instant Karma's gonna get you!

I had a relly good zone today, maybe missed three pitches total (which does not include ejection pitch, which I stone cold nailed.)

My legs felt like rubber around the 7th inning and then still sore before the 2nd game, but as soon as I ran out to position A after the ground rules, I got my legs back and had a very good game on the bases. I had a banger Safe call at 2nd on a steal and two banger out calls at 1st base. Nailed all three.

I forgot just how much adult league players and coaches whine and beg for calls, and combine that with a lack of knowledge of the basic rules. One team in the second game botched an uncaught 3rd strike with R1 and R2 and 2 outs. They thought the runner couldn't run because 1st base was occupied. The batter ran, they ignored him at first because F4 (who was also the manager) yelled to the catcher that 1st base was occupied and he didn't need to throw. The runners all ran and the catcher realized that he needed to throw the ball and overshot F3, and R2 came all the way around and scored. The manager then tried to argue that 1st base was occupied, and I said that that rule only applies with less than 2 out and with two out they needed a putout. Then the light bulb went off and he remembered that little part of the rule finally.

Anyway, I made it through the day. Both games went 3 hours plus, the second one ending in a 18-3 12-run rule final after 7 innings. Pretty brutal! Hopefully tomorrow's two at Madison High will be better games (Please!!!!)
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 01:05am.