View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 11, 2009, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

couple questions

Guys, I need a little bit of help. I'm scheduled to work 3 matches tonight for a Home School team.. JH, JV, varsity. The problem is, I just found out they only use one official for their games. They said they would provide me with line judges. When working volleyball by yourself, what is the best way to do it. Do you go up on the stand (if they even have one) and let the scorebook keep track of substitutions? Or do you call the match from in front of the table. I was told that the way to do it is to go up to the stand and not even bother with a lineup card, just look the R1 normally would. What do you guys think?

Also, something I'm confused about, is it possible to have a 2 hit or a 4 hit call on a block? Let's say the offense attempts a spike, the defense blocks it, and the ball goes right back to the offense player that hit it. I was told this could be a double hit situation, or if it is the teams third hit, it could be a 4 hit situation. What is the rule on this? I'm confused, I thought if the defense blocked it, and it went back over to the offensive team, they got 3 new hits. help?