Thread: Rutlan, VT
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 07, 2009, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopcolle View Post
Thanks for the responses....these were VERY big guys...at least high school, but maybe some adult league....definitely not midget....thanks, again
All I had to do was Google on the intersection of "Rutland" and "football club" and after scrolling thru some hits from the UK, I found the Vermont Rampage, a club in the New England Football League. I couldn't find a schedule page for the Rampage, nor a direct link labeled as to a league schedule, though if you're curious enough you could probably find out their opponent that day and the result. Teams tend to get behind on that sort of thing, because they're serving mainly themselves, have no money to pay for a publicist and little time to do it themselves, and see little reason for outreach because they tend to think everybody who cares knows each other already, which becomes a self-fulfilling state of affairs. However, from the writeup of their opener a few weeks earlier which was on a Sunday in Rutland, it's fairly easy to guess the game you passed by was theirs. They refer to themselves as "semi-pro", but that's a misnomer these days for minor league clubs that are actually amateur.

Robert