View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 07:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dsturdy5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiicream View Post
I'm getting my feet wet this year as an evaluator. Going from the court to the stands. Thanks, in advance, for any help in making the evaluation process a positive one.

Would you, as an official, prefer to know if there is an evaluator in the stands?

Would you want to meet with him/her before, during half-time, or after the game?

Would you like verbal critiques or a hard copy of the evaluation or both?
1. I treat every game as if I'm being watched. One assignor I use basically says that any and every game can be evaluated. Sometimes the evaluators are guys who work the game before/after the one we are working. Other times they are sitting with spectators.

2. I would find it necessary to meet after the game. Half time I am ambivalent about. Meeting at halftime could help but if I know I am having a bad game, I know that I would be even harder on myself after hearing what my evaluator has to say, but that is just me striving to be perfect.

3. Verbal is great because I like to have discourse about what I did and why vs what the evaluator saw/thought. A hard copy is crucial, I would file them all and review over the course of the season.