View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
The first thing I do when I have a runner on 1B is to make a judgement about her speed. I then position myself as far away from 2B as possible but close enough to beat her to 2B on a steal. The faster the runner, the farther away from 1B I set up. Most of the time, I am 20 - 25' off the foul line.

It's been suggested to me that I start just off the shoulder of F4, 10' back. I believe that F4 usually has a different agenda than I do and her positioning has very little to do with calling runners out on tag plays. Therefore, I set up where I believe that I am in position to best do my job.

I AM NOT, by any means, fast. However, unless I completely don't get a jump on a steal, I am always in position at 2B. I think it has much to do with desire, position, feel for the game.

I work between pitches, just like you. I am, however, willing to sacrifice distance on the pick at 1B in order to get into position at 2B for the steal. Sometimes I don't get back to the line on a pick at 1B, but it is rare.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"

Last edited by MNBlue; Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 03:39pm.