Thread: oob or ib ?
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 07, 2002, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to South Bay HHVBC

Quote:
I am a basketball official so i don't know anything about the rules of volleyball.
I suggest that you learn the rules and try to fully understand them before you come to a conclusion that a replay is considered an inadequate solution to a judgement call in the game of vb. Im not commin at you disrespectully. Im just saying if you are speaking from the point of view from someone that knows nothing about a sport, should not be condemming a rule/regulation that it may have.

Some vb games are fast paced and require all officials and linesmen to be on their game. Even if this is a fact, it is still difficult to be 100% accurate. Unlike basketball where theres an absolute result where the ball either goes in the basket or does not go in, the game of vball, balls that may be traveling in excess of 90 mph are sometimes diffiult to track and be called accurately if it is a borderline hit. I can tell you personally, comming from 15 years of coaching experience, a replay is not looked down upon in a legitimate game. If the refs or linesmen are obviously not doing their job, then thats a problem of a whole different sort.