View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 01, 2009, 10:12am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
For those in the "stick 'em with the decision they made originally camp," you must first account for the possibility that you (or the R) did not adequately explain the options to the Captain or coach and that they were making a proper, informed decision. I would consider myself, based on my experience, a top tier communicator, but I would never consider myself perfect. Thus, I want to make sure that the captain or coach is making a properly informed decision and virtually all the time, that means they will not make what most would consider an incorrect choice. So if they make such a choice, I accept some fault as maybe I didn't communicate the options clearly.

You won't last long around where I work in the stick it to 'em camp.
Amen.

I simply won't let the kids make a mistake during a game that I can (and should) prevent. I will go as far as looking in the coach's direction and giving a little "decline" signal and asking "is that what you want?"

I know some WHs cringe at this, but I don't really care. When I work the professional level....oh, wait, I see WHs in the NFL ask the coaches directly all the time. Bad example....or maybe it's a good example after all.