View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 25, 2009, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
ZM, just because you have never heard of it does not mean that it should not be done.

Of course you should make this signal if there is a situation like those discussed.
When did I say it should not be done? I just said that I don't do it. To each his own, just like wearing a cup on the bases.

I love how people on this board are so damn sensitive. (I'm not talking about you washburn) They think if you give an opinion on something, then by-god you are telling them what to do too. Lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
And there lies the problem. People here are giving you a valuable tool that is taught and used very widely. You take the path that you "know-it-all" and thats fine . . . I place you squarely in the cc6 camp.
Again, I never said that I know it all. I simply said that I don't do it. You can place me wherever you want, but I find it funny that you judge people's umpiring proficiency based on a message board. I would be willing to bet that there are "respected" members of this board who are also sh*tty umpires as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
It's arms out like safe or no catch, but it's used to indicate I-have-nothing when it's used on a possible obstruction/interference.
I know what mechanic everyone is talking about. I was telling that person that I use it for "no catch" or "safe".