Thread: Website
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Schedules

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeben
Another problem that I see coming up would be that there are some younger or less talented officials that do not get many games. If you post the schedule of games and a guy that gets one game sees another guy getting 10 games you may run into some conflicts. Do most associations have that information public for all refs to see?
You've hit the real issue. When I wrote our website, the first pass made all games visible to all members. After much discussion, it was decided (with my agreement) that it was only trouble waiting to happen. To few are a good enough judge of their own abilities when comparing themselves to others.

On the website, a member can see all of their own games plus whoever is working before/after them.

The full schedule is available in paper form at the meetings. If someone wants to compare schedules, they can do it, they just have to put out the effort.

If an official wants to know where a certain ref is working so they can watch, they are welcomed to call the commisioner or the ref directly and ask.