Thread: 2020, anyone?
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dholloway1962 View Post
The statements about the "conditions and lack of facilities in OKC" is bogus. Plenty of big parks around the metro area to handle this. Boomer Softball complex is close to HOF to just name one. The costs of food, hotel, and entertainment in OKC are minimal.

I would suggest you get to OKC and spend some time there and form your own opinion. Don't take the "coaches and other umpires" word for it.

I have had the pleasure of calling on Field 1 at HOF Stadium on several occassions. There isn't anything like umpiring on that field. The hair on your neck stands up when you walk out there and you look around and think about the people who have played and umpired there before.

This, the 18 Gold, will probably be the only time most of those girls get the chance to play on that field.

Personally, I can't think of a better place, with that much history, to play the 18 Gold.

If they can't take the heat of Oklahoma in August, they don't need to be playing softball!
It is a cool field to umpire on but most of the players at 18G do not get to play on that field.

And Easton, Wilson and Combat (or whoever sponsors them this week) do not make the hair on anyones neck stand up.