View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 16, 2009, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
Ace...are you sure on that. I've been away from LLBB for four years now, and when I wa slast involved in the whole process of applying for LL regional/WS assignments the criteria for any LLWS assignment was you had to work a regional (plus have attended one of the LL umpire schools). This applied for for Wmsprt. also.
Please let me know if the criteria has changed. I'm just curious. I did my regional (Bristol) enjoyed the heck out of it....but my LL days, for now anyway, are behind me.
To my knowledge this is still the case at every level: Before you can apply for a World Series you have to work the Regional at that level and receive a passing score on your evaluation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
Actually, from the box score at Waco, it looks like they assigned all eight. Two outfield umps got three innings and then two others got the last three.
They do this at the Softball World Series here in Portland. I'd say either you're good enough for the championship game or you're not, but that's the way they choose to do it... We did not do this in the regional I worked (Senior SB).