View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

timing is off

Bard,
I don't have my rules book on me now (so I will check it later and reply again), but I believe the timing for this T was messed up. It is confusing when these T are penalized so some vets can step up here and help. However, I think illegal shirts/pants and numbers (such as 99) are only penalized if that player plays. But wouldn't a duplicate number be penalized at the 10 minute mark, since you would notice it when you checked the book? Of course, maybe this girl's number was listed as something else in the book.
Lastly, I think that going by the book, this little girl cannot play until she does change to a number that has not yet been worn in the game by one of her teammates.

Yes, it is in the case book 3.2.2 B part (b).
two Team B team members are wearing the same number. Ruling: a technical foul is charged to Team B upon discovery of the identical numbers. Only one team member may wear a given number; the other must change to a number not already in use before participating.

So that official got it right that she could not play while wearing that jersey. You'll have to explain why it wasn't caught earlier though.

[Edited by nevadaref on Dec 6th, 2002 at 07:49 AM]