View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 08:16am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by bard
My partner from last night reported this. It happened in a game he had last week. In that game, my P was the ump. This is freshman girls, with under 4 minutes to go, and the game decided. One team (don't know if it was the team in the lead or not) puts in a girl with the same number as a girl on her team who has already come out of the game.

Ref whistles a 'T' for the duplicate number. The Ump, my P, is waiting to administer the shots and notices the Ref and coach are "having words." The ref refuses to let the girl come into the game.

The story is not quite finished as the parents of the girl are waiting in the parking lot and give both officials an earful about denying their daughter playing time.

With where the game was, my P says he would have let the girl play. Seems reasonable to me. Any other thoughts?
U.P. here, we are generally told about duplicate numbers before the game. We mention it to the opposing coach, and we play on. I have never had the duplicate numbers show up on the floor at the same time.
Who cares?
Losers care... maybe.
mick