View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 08, 2009, 01:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

On The Rebound ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Have I looked back at a game and regretted some calls and no-calls? Sure, but that regret was completely separate from whether the shots went in.
The calls or that I most often replay in my mind involve advantage, disadvantage, and contact, in rebounding. Sometimes there will be some contact between two players going for a rebound, I'll decide that the contact is putting one player at a disadvantage, blow my whistle, and find that the player who was put at a disadvantage easily caught, and held onto, the rebound. I'll say to myself, "Damn, I wish I had been more patient with my whistle". On the other hand, in a similar situation, I'll see the same kind of contact, and think that the player who has been contacted can easily catch, and hold onto the rebound, playing through the contact, decide to hold my whistle, which then ends with the player who was contacted, losing possession the ball, usually out of bounds. The lag time is just a few fractions of a second too long to be a late whistle, and I'll say to myself, "Damn, I wished I had called that one".

I swear at myself a lot when I officiate. That's why my partners always ask me why I often wash my mouth out with soap during my post-game shower.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)