View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 08, 2009, 12:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64 View Post
So how would you explain it to shaq when he "obviously" gets grabbed to keep from scoring by a 6 ft. 175 lb. PG and he just muscles up and through this kid to score? I know this for a fact. You're going to have to whack him or the coach bc if you tell them it didn't create an advantage, they're going to say that he will rarely ever get a call then cause he's way bigger than everybody.
You are assuming that I am going to have to whack someone because I explain to them the rules. I do not have a problem explain to coaches or players that I ruled there was no advantage or no disadvantage on a contact play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64 View Post
I think there are def. Many times that advantage can be used but sometimes a foul is a foul.
I have quoted rules and given philosophy. You have not said anything about what the rules say in this discussion. I do not see anywhere in the rulebook where the term "a foul is a foul" is mentioned. Now the great thing about this is this is why we get paid the big bucks. When you are working what you might determine is a foul on a particular play is your prerogative to do so.

Peace