View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 03, 2009, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Neat being in your pregame. I thought the WH could have been better in each situation. In the pregame I felt he wasn't assertive enough. On the hurdling call I felt that he overstepped his bounds.

Pregame. In the 1st 11 minutes you covered three things. 80 % of it focused on the rare instance where a field goal in excess of 20 yards is attempted to win the game. Get a feeling what the crew wants to do. Clearly restate the change and move on. He himhawed around for 8 minutes. This is a state semi final. I m sure there is more to talk about.

Hurdling. This was a close call. But, it was your call. The referee really should not have been focusing on the runner. I would have gotten together, which your crew did nicely and let everyone have their say. I would have given you the room to pick up the flag. In the end, however, it is your call. I think the WH overstepped his role. If this is a common occurance, the crew will ultimately turn on him. Effectively, he is telling yolu that he does not trust your judgment; and, that he will step in to save you from yourself. He also paroted your umpire who does not know the rules.

Last edited by parepat; Mon Aug 03, 2009 at 10:44pm.