View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 05, 2002, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
We got it together and led 34-30 for almost five full minutes in the fourth quarter.
I'm glad that the two officials surprised you in the good way. Congrats on the game.

Just out of curiosity, does the above quote mean that the score didn't change for five full minutes, or that you held your 4 point lead for 5 minutes? Five minutes without any scoring would be excrutiating for fans and coaches alike.

You're gonna be the all-time wins leader at that school by New Year's Day, Coach. Congrats. Bring on the bragging!!

Chuck
Yep, five minutes without scoring. They were trying to pound it inside, and we were sagging in on D. None of their guards wanted to shoot. I was taking notes watching the tape last night. We hit a three with 5:45 left to make it 34-30. There next six possessions were: turnover, turnover, turnover, blocked shot our rebound, turnover, blocked shot our rebound. We were running our delay for 20-30 seconds each trip then getting into our offense, but not cashing in.

It wasn't excruciating, it was beautiful! Well, it was from where I was sitting!