View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 03, 2009, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
If the runner stops intentionally to block F6's view, then it's interference. If he is just running to 3rd and stops to avoid the ball in the normal course of his running, or jumps over the ball in his normal course of running, then it's not interference. Sounds like INT from how you described his actions.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
Oh, runner on second only. I thought Runners on 1st and 2nd.

Bring out Emily Litella, again.
We had this play with runners at first and second, we met almost as soon as the ball was dead, and immediately decided not to give them two. My partner had the bases and he had the interference, which was executed by the runner exactly like the play that kheisner described. But the ball was a medium speed chopper that the shortstop would normally have to charge and throw to first to get one only. The runner stopped his charge and made him miss the ball. So my partner called me out and we met and only gave them one based on the type of play. If it's a hard ground ball: two.

It was one of my all-time favorite rulings, because it made the coach of the defensive team come out. He is the most laughable little clown of all the old time coaches in the entire area. Even other coaches detest him. So we each get a dose of his clown act and it was worth it, because it made our post-game a non-stop laugher.

He's the kind of guy who can't even take off his shades and smile for the official coach's portrait [at his fifth school in ten years].

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Mon Aug 03, 2009 at 01:42pm.