View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 01, 2009, 01:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
I am not going to post any video because I have none on my computer. I will, when I get on a machine that lets me and you guys will nitpick the quality and camera angles and how close it was but not quite IHC. I see now that it isn't called because it isn't seen. Not because it doesn't happen.
With all due respect John, I teach a football class (and I am the founder of a basketball class) that was developed by a football crew member that I worked the State Final with, which we use tape all the time.

The quality of the tape matters and the angles we show often matters. My Referee even showed video of the State Tournament that showed several angles and even some of those angles did not show everything clearly. When we are not showing IHC, we talk all the time in the review of the tape of positioning of the officials, who has coverage and was it an obvious illegal action. So you obviously do not realize how these tapes are broken down and is the reason why D1 NCAA Officiating Supervisors and the NFL uses several angles such as a coach's tape and end zone feeds (that are required to be used in many cases) including the TV feeds to see if an official got a call right or got a call wrong. Even if you show us a tape there is going to be some debate if the angle is not perfect. But remember, that is not really the point. You said that it was not called and I am sure you have some borderline cases where there was no call. But you have not shown anything.

BTW, if you are having a hard time getting these videos on your computer, send me an email I can refer you to a couple of programs that will allow you to easily break down video and clip up tapes. Then show you how to post them. So no excuses OK.

Peace