View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 01, 2009, 12:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
and talk about splitting hairs. When the helmet hits at the same time as any other body part then it is first the same as the shoulder or hand. This timing thing is a cop out. If the head and shoulder all hit at the same time and the blocker or tackler drives his head or face into the opponent he should not get off with a warning or an official say, his head wasn't clearly the first thing that hit so I can't call it IHC. IHC is not off because another body part hit a milisecond first it has to do with the driving of the hard plastic thing into the opponent which can in turn hurt the head and neck of the driver. That is the point being missed by all this INITIAL CONTACT BS! Talk about being hung up on one word!
The helmet has to strike first or be used as a punishing tool in order to have a foul. If a shoulder hits and then there is some contact with a helmet after that, that is not a foul by definition.

With that all being said, all those examples you want to split hairs with are all the same penalty under the rulebook. And the definition of those suggest that the contact is with the helmet first. And the fact that you keep trying to make issues out of what we call face tackling or spearing is even sillier and lowers your credibility on this issue. They all carry the same penalty. And you have not found a single person on either site say that either definition was not a foul or that they would not call it if they saw it. All that has been done is people disagreed one what you called fact tackling or butt blocking and said that the example shown were spearing and should be called if the action took place. But then you wanted to argue the definitions, rather than listen to why people felt there was or was not a foul in these videos you showed. Then you gave a bunch of videos that were never from a game you participated in, but claimed it was not called all the time properly. And to our knowledge you have never reported to your state organization examples of plays where this was not being called.

Now I worked a game several years ago as a Back Judge and I called a dead ball illegal substitution call, where the offended coach was so mad he sent a tape suggesting that I should have either let the play go or potentially call a bigger 15 yard penalty and he sent video to whomever he would listen. Now my situation was not a safety issue or wrong when you apply the rules.

You on the other hand are constantly complaining that the most dangerous situation in football is not being addressed and you have not shown a single video of a game you were involved in, which you claim that this is never called. I know we are beating a dead horse, but if this is such an issue, you should have so many examples to back up your claim at least in your games.

Peace