View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 05, 2002, 07:32am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Nada.

Of course, I check on every play, and some day one will get by me. However, in the sitch that was described, there has been no real disadvantage. Ok, maybe the shooter was iced a bit, but there was no up-and-down the court action.

What if one referee's hand was up and the other bounced the ball to the shooter prematurely. This is a ref's mistake. As is the ref bringing in the subs allowing 11 on the court.

If I screw up, I try not to penalize the kids playing the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Easy. Ref's mistake. A ref quickly hurries over to coach A (before his players do) and asks him to remove a player now, send all players back to the free throw line, and not be charged with a timeout.

Or, if any of these conditions are not met, the timeout must be granted.

Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by theboys
Freshman boys game this weekend - A1 shoots, is fouled, shot goes in. As teams line up for the FT, A's coach puts in some subs. Problem is, more go on the court than come off. To make matters worse, none of the refs (3 man crew), neither of the coaches, and apparently, none of the players notice. Who's that leave? The all-knowing fans!

Ref bounces the ball to A1 at the line. Stands erupt with calls of six players on the court. Team A's coach quickly calls a time-out. Howls continue. Refs confer.

You make the call!
Got anything in the rulebook that will back your plan up,Mike?
[Edited by JugglingReferee on Dec 5th, 2002 at 06:37 AM]