View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2009, 02:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
Speak for yourself! I roll with the plate coat at least three times a year up here in Vista. Sure it's overkill, but the kids dig it.
The one time I really needed a jacket, and didn't have one with me (read: idiot), was when I had a Julian game one May afternoon. In the morning and early afternoon I was at the beach, frolicking in the 75 degree sun-bathed sand, hitting on chicks, etc. At 1:00 PM, I left the beach, went home and cleaned up, and headed for Julian, which is about an hour's drive northeast from San Diego.

When I got there, it was 27°F , with a wind chill of 9°. It was snowing/sleeting with winds gusting to 50 MPH blowing straight in from center-field. Carl, Julian's head coach, after he got finished laughing at me for not having a jacket, loaned me one of his team jackets (a fuschia/gold combo), and I went to work behind the plate.

Carl continued to remind me of that day for the next 15 years whenever I worked any of his games.

You really can surf in the morning and snow ski in the afternoon here in southern California.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25