View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2009, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

I Surrender {Waving White Flag}

SLAS, you're shooting a dead horse. Truthfully, you're trying to hard to explain something already covered in the rules supporting interference by ODH.

They utilize 7.08b to their advantage and refuse to deal with the exceptions listed in 3.15. They pay no attention to any part of the written discussion on interference. JEA, RODER & Wendelstedt1 {SLAS' version} and Wendelstedt2 ruling {SDS/GAump/JDMara version} support 3 options.
1) JEA & Wendelstedt1: immediate dead ball, out, R(s) return.
2) Roder & Wendelstedt1: immediate dead ball, place runners to null interference.
3) Wendelstedt2: unintentional, live ball, play on, 2BA.

I was hoping someone would post the other website so I could read the discussion. I tire of presenting original content that is easily dismissed without explanation. Perhaps if I were brought up to "speed" on what has already been presented, there would be no need for the discussion to continue.

Fans can't imagine why interference would not apply. Note 5.08, 7.11, 7.09d and definition do not apply. It began with 1) bad throw {protects coach}, 2) the catcher didn't need the space {no play}, 3) the ODH {unintentionally interfered}, and came to an end on 4) accidentally {ODH ain't no coach}. Accidental Int by OTM w/out a play is NOT interference. F3 should be punished for bad throw {just about covers it all}.

Quote:
The on deck hitter is heading towards the plate area in an effort to clear a bat and give the slide/standup direction to his teammate who looks like he is headed home.

JEA - In 1973, the last sentence of this rule {5.08} was added to cover cases in which a coach interfered (intentionally) with a thrown ball.
I'm pretending to understand why it is what it is and hope they accept my surrender.
ODH might as well have accidentally dropped intercepted pass return for a touchdown!
We'll never know what would have happened had he held on to the ball.

Last edited by SAump; Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 04:25pm.