View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2009, 07:45am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Just so you know Canned heat I will be 48 soon and have been involved in football since I was 8. My dad was a coach so I was going to football practice every day and have been a player or coach for 40 years. I have a bit of experience myself. It has been my experience that most of the elder statesmen of the stripes rarely carry a flag much less call IHC.
To experienced officials, you might as well have said you spent the last 40 years watching it on TV. Do you think you could simply buy a shirt and be as good as people who have been doing it well for years? You say something like that on the sidelines and I have to concentrate so I don't roll my eyes at you.

I'm going to disappear from this thread, too. You, sir, are a troll.

(BTW, I haven't had a particular problem in my games with IHC. I did have a spearing foul in a game that resulted in an ejection a few years ago. And my crew isn't shy about using the flags -- we probably averaged about 10-15 flags a game last season at the varsity level. If we see it, we'll call it. The day I guess at something cause I think I hear helmet-to-helmet contact is the day I hang it up.)