View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 29, 2009, 01:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
I understand completely, like simplified means it doesn't really matter. S&I is an interpretation just like the casebook is as far as I am concerned.

From the NFHS website:
RULES SIMPLIFIED AND ILLUSTRATED for basketball and football are published annually. These books make use of cartoons and diagrams to clearly explain situations which might otherwise be difficult to comprehend.
You missed the point. The information out of the S&I book is meant to help simplify the written rules and give interpretations that make it easier to understand what is supposed to happen. You are the only person that can take a simple illustration and turn it into a big debate as to what it says over the rulebook. I do not think I have ever heard anyone have a debate this complicated over what the book says. And you have single handily made everything in this book trump all other books based on language alone which is not the purpose of this book. And you only focus on the wording and the actual descriptions that the book "illustrates." And you have done this on two websites where no one seems to agree with you in principle. I guess you are just a genius and the rest of us are dumber than a box of rocks. How do we ever do what we do without your wonderful leadership?

Peace