View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 28, 2009, 03:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than just getting it called more which would cause fewer kids to do it. Great Idea Rut, just abolish football. Why do you think the Ohio State Patrol hands out speeding tickets, Rut. So people will slow down. I bet they even do that in Illinois.
Wait a minute; you said that you could not get your own player to stop committing this penalty (IHC) and some reason a flag was going to influence his behavior so much, that he would completely change. So a person that is only going to be around a kid for a couple of hours, has more influence than a coach that not only sees the kid every day, but has control over the kid's playing time and even ability to be on the team, but some stranger's flag is going to change this kid's attitude.

Now you have yet to get many officials that feel the examples you have shown are black and white. And people have even qualified their statement by saying "From the angle....." But you obviously do not have little understanding of video review, because even when you show a video in a room full of people, it is not unusual that everyone is not going to agree. And showing a study just illustrates that either you need more than simply flags to change the problem. Anyone that has a brain would realize you need to do more than one thing to solve a serious problem. But then again, I am not dealing with a person that uses logic. I gave you solutions and if the situation is that dire, then you need to do more than put your hopes on a little piece of cloth coming out. Even speeding tickets do not change people's total behavior. Sometimes you have to suspend or revoke someone's license. And the several times I called it, I had a coach claim it should not have been called. And in at least one case the coach told the player to keep doing what they were doing. Now who is ultimately responsible then? You are right, the official who can pull the kid off the field without a penalty (which we cannot do).

Peace