View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 28, 2009, 12:33pm

Thumbs down Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Your interpreter certainly added more to the OP play than was specifically mentioned in the OP. Its done only because the statement is so long and also contains so many frivolous comparisons that have already been discussed, I tire to point them out again, and again.
The play that I provided is nearly word-for-word what was described in the OP. R1 and R2, F9 fields ball as R1 rounds 3rd, throw 12 to 15 feet off-line and nowhere close to being able to make a play on the runner, and no intent on the part of the on deck hitter to interfere. That's what the OP stated, and that is what I transcribed from GA Umpire's description thereof. Stop trying to rewrite history, and admit defeat. Harry and Hunter, et al, have given you what you asked for, a definitive ruling on the play.

Quote:
BTW, R1 rounds 3B when RF has ball. WTF, in our play contact with ball at HP occurred when R3 touched 3B, clearly not past 45 ft mark, clearly hasn't scored at TOI. Ball went out of play as a result of contact. Award 2 bases, R1 home and B/R 3B!
Rounding third, touching 3rd....WTF is the difference? Nobody said one thing about a "45 ft. mark." And at the TOT, which is where the base awards a based from, R1 was between 2nd and 3rd, and BR was between 1st and 2nd (using simple logical conclusions here, which you are no doubt unfamiliar with, apparently) so R1 gets home and BR gets 3rd. Again, what's the difference? The difference is that the award is made on the throw going out of play and not because of any of your imagined interference.

Quote:
I'll go my way. Interference, dead ball at TOI and place R1 at 3B and B/R at 2B because I could not determine safe/out on play at the plate.
To quote Nicks and McVie, "you can go your own way, you can call it another lonely day."
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 12:35pm.