Thread: Ending the Half
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 27, 2009, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWH View Post
Oh yes the horn.
It would be virtually impossible for the horn to go off during the untimed down perscribed in the Rules Book (and supported by ALL-but-one person on this thread) as the clock would read 0:00 when the ball is snapped and the horn would have already sounded while the ball was dead rior to the snap, again, as per the Rules Book.

However, using the "Modified Robert Goodman 0:01 plan", the horn would sound 1 second after the ball is snapped.
Because if they're ready to snap the ball and (as stated by some participants in this thread) the clock's hitting 0 and/or a horn going off tends to confuse some players, then why should they be subjected to the horn's going off at that time? And if it goes off 1 sec. after the ball's put in play, what harm is done? Mind you, I think the whole notion of catering to such poor att'n to be extreme, and that explaining things beforehand to the captains should be enough, so I introduced the "labor negotiation" solution of "0:01" only as a harmless compromise.

And are you kidding me, or is this procedure of preventing play at 0:00 and signaling RFP again actually in the rule book, and does anything I wrote contradict anything in the rule book?

Robert