Thread: Referee's job
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 04, 2000, 01:53am
Official Forum Member

Re: No FIBA for Dave.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
No way will Dave work what he calls "FEEBLE" rules. They are too Euro for him. In fact, he says the trapezoidal lane makes him dizzy. Dave hates anything "Euro". He once took a Yugo for a test drive. It was doing real well - until he ran over some gum. He also can't understand why the French need so many different kinds of cheese.

As to the over 35 games, no I did not work any but I did watch some games at the Nike World Masters here in Oregon a few years ago. A fellow ref named Jeff played in the games. Afterwards, he told me another post player elbowed him so hard, he cracked two ribs. He said the other guy looked familiar, but he couldn't place him. I looked the other guy up and it was former NBA player Greg Kite. OUCH!
WELCOME TO FIBA ! no blood no foul, broken ribs, little tape will fix that. Every wonder why in Australia the two sports that have a higher participation rate then basketball are Aussie Rules Football and Rugby...

The tournament i was thinking about was the Nike Worlds Masters. Thanks for reminding me. Had a few friends work it, two from wash.state and one from British Columbia.