Thread: Ending the Half
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 24, 2009, 10:27am
Small Business Owner

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
Actually I think I'm one of few in this thread who isn't making a big tsimmes out of something that doesn't deserve it. Why should extreme measures be needed to explain this situation more than any other one in the game? If the players don't do their part in understanding what's going on when things were explained along with enforcement of the penalty, that's their problem.

My perspective may be colored by the types of games I'm used to, where there's no official time visible, and little or no audience. I think many of your opinions are colored by the opposite perspective to the degree that you think you're emceeing a game show rather than administering a game. As far as I'm concerned, your obligation is to the players, and any other benefit that someone who happens to be in the vicinity derives from your job is a mere side effect. If the clock goes to 0:00, the fire siren, church bells, and cannon all go off, and the crowd goes wild because they don't understand what's going on, that's their problem, and if the players are influenced by them, that's their problem.

Robert
big tsimmrs? Extreme measures? emceeing a game show? Yelling "Play on" after the clock hits ZERO and the ball has yet to be snapped?"

Robert, I truly believe you may need to look in the mirror.
Games are played by the rules and your job is to admisiter the rules as they are written. I believe it may be benificial for you to re-read Rule 3 in both the Rules Book and the Case Book, actually listen to officials with more experiance, AND stop trying to re-invent the wheel! If you do so, it may be possible someday for you to advance beyond the level of games where "there's no official time visible, and little or no audience".