View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 23, 2009, 02:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Well fellas, I just found out that I have been pulled from the championship game of a local upcoming, important tournament because I had to enforce the rules of baseball the way they're supposed to be enforced. Due to local politics, the team that might get to the championship might make the tournament and they didn't want to ruffle any feathers by having me work the game. My question to you is that have you ever felt that you did the right thing when umpiring and then either not receive or get pulled from a future big game due to ejecting participants/coaches rather than simply taking the BS from participants? As I look back on it, had I not ejected and simply took the BS, I'd still be working the game.

What are your stories?
Let's see...I was in the same boat, but based on mutual agreement between the assignor, the TD, and I, I was assigned to every game of the problem coach.

When I was young and stupid and did softball as well, I tossed the same coach in the regional finals two years in a row.

So, who's got an issue with you?