View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 22, 2009, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopcolle View Post
I think you have a right to feel badly...However, unless the tourney has a game-suspension clause (and most don't), I see why the ADs would want to avoid using you when they have options to use other umps....not a reflection on you or your abilities, or your call....Just situation awareness, and problem avoidance....He HAS to be there, and you don't. Also, the ADs probably feel that the Coach is immature enough to continue to be a problem, which would probably be more true with your presence....Hence, while not fair, I feel it is at least understandable....IMO...
If I get pulled, then I better get put on another game with better or equal perks immediately or I am done with them.

Lose money, lose the chance to call a game, and the coach gets to come back with no recourse = Me done completely

If anyone should be done, it is him. And, if he does anything in the next game, then he just gets EJ again. No big deal.