View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 22, 2009, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Absolutely no argument there, but now a question. If someone was qualified for a certain level, why not take the step?

Who knows where or what it will get you.
The reasons can be numerous. This year I got the invite to do college ball. I have my first training tournament right after Nationals.
The travel-so now I have to be prepared to travel 6 hours roundtrip. Being the new guy I've been told to expect to have that trip several times this year.
Next month I have to travel and spend the weekend in a desolated Central Valley town doing a tourney. I'm not that excited about that trip and weekend away from home.
I also have some concerns about college ball being run by the coaches. I'm not exactly sure what that means in real time but I'm not the most coach friendly guy in the world. So that may be an issue.
Also the college assignor and I have had our moments. It was over an ejection at a National he was UIC for blah,blah,blah. I stood my ground but there was consequences. I'm not in his fraternity and I'm not one of his good ole boys...he actually caught me off guard when he asked me to do college ball. I heard there was pressure on him to get a little younger, and I guess I qualify as a little younger.....

So traveling, not wanting to deal with the college caoches, and not willing to suck up are three reasons off the top of my head I can come up with.

Having said all that I am going to try it this year with an open minded attitude. If it works out great,if not back to HS and my weekends of ASA ball.