View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 20, 2009, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolraht View Post
The umpire had not called the play dead in any way as after the out on the runner going to 3rd the ball was thrown to 2B for the double play, despite the runners stalling to prevent that. Runner didn't try to knock the ball out, as it was already in the throwing hand of the player (not that he would have tried anyway. we all remember A. Rod trying that a year or two ago in a playoff game. )
Then as much as I hate saying it, it sounds like the umpire booted the call. I just wanted to be absolutely sure before making that statement (despite the fact that it was my initial reaction).

Quote:
I know, you're right. you guys never want to engage in a lively debate!
Of course not! We've got another game after this one!

Quote:
I understand all that man. Just want you to know that I am totally not screwing with you and don't want to argue stuff at all.
I hear ya there. Tell you what... If you want to get some insight into an umpire's world, check out this book. Granted, it's baseball, but the cultures are very similar. Even if you aren't interested in the "insight," it's still an amazing read.

Quote:
I hate arguing. I always lose.... maybe I should argue with someone other than my wife?
Can't help ya there!

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.