Thread: One player left
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 03, 2002, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Here are my questions from a coach's perspective:

1. What the heck was the trailing team doing shooting a two-pointer (that could result in a two-shot foul) with three seconds left down by three points?

2. If I'm the trailing team's coach, this idea of a continuing FT violation until we make both sounds crazy. We'd be missing the second FT on purpose to get the rebound and put it in. Hmmm. Well, maybe we'd make both, and get the heck out of the way when the one player attempted to inbound. Let his inbound attempt go out of bounds untouched, and get the ball back under our own basket down by one point with :03 left and only one defender. As the lone player having to make that inbound pass, I know if he could he'd try to throw it off one of the opponents and come inbounds and control the deflection. But if all the opponents moved away from the ball...well, where would the throw-in spot be if the lone player rolled the ball in, the opponents stayed away from it, and the lone player ran down the court beside it and picked it up at the opposite foul line?