View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 18, 2009, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
That is a football shirt; it has a byron collar and a pocket. There is another 100% polyester shirt which costs $10 more. The link I provided was an economy line football shirt.

Some (many) of you need to take a step back and realize that all of these little things don't matter. Almost none of the players nor managers are going to notice that the OC shirt has wider stripes and none of them are going to care. No one is going to look at some plate shoes and say "gosh, the white vector on the side is just too big." No one is going to say "why is the base umpire wearing Davis brand pants which don't match standard charcoal pants?" I've read on here that some guys have shirts with US flags attached and shirts without flags so that they can match their partner no matter if his shirts have flags or not...I find that very amusing as it doesn't matter at all.

As Kyle said it makes no sense why some of you guys hate on certain color umpire shirts yet wear a shirt of that same color around town all day.
Absolutely untrue. If you don't match, it's noticed. If the shade of your shirt doesn't match, or if you're wearing some cheap, see-through fabric, or some non-standard color--whether it looks good or not--it's noticed. And if you're wearing some attention-grabbing shoes, it's noticed. Salt stains, fading, wrinkles, dusty shoes ... it's all noticed. Not by all, but by some.

At least, that's the way it is where I work.