View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Umpire View Post
After the batter's demonstration of arguing balls and strikes, and then comes back with a comment like that. It had nothing to do with him refusing to get in the box. I guess only so much can be conveyed in writing for others to understand. I can imagine the actions of the batter as he is doing all of this as to say "I can do what I want and you can't tell me what to do." EJ time at that point. Get another batter who is really want to play the game and not be a jerk.

I have no problem with him being EJ. Next time, he will behave better towards the umpire. If he hadn't done all of his previous shenanigans, then I would wonder about the EJ. But, with his "golf swing" demonstration and saying something just to be a jerk, that calls for an appropriate EJ. Too bad, you seem to condone this type of behavior.
Where are you getting this from????
all he said was "i can take as much time as i want". he obviously didnt know the rules about the batter cant take as much time as they want. there was no "you cant tell me what to do attitude, only a simple misunderstanding of the rules"

ill ask again, So lets assume a different situation, a batter steps out in between pitches, goes into some extended nomar readjusting/taking a few swings routine, the ump says something to the effect of "batter step into the box..." the batter says "hold on, im not ready yet" do you really expect the batter to be ejected here?